Monday, January 19, 2009

ZQ has progressed to new heights ....

ZQ had progressed to new heights .... *sigh ... not the good stuff.

Yesterday, ZQ told me that he's a good boy and finished his rice. Normally he'd not come tell me cos he'd never finish it so I was rather surprised, pleasantly surprised that he did. He even showed me his rice bowl. As i looked into his bowl, it was clean and in fact too clean to be true. It had been washed! I was wondering why would anyone wash his bowl? I didn't , my hubby will not and why would my maid wash it and pass it back to him?

So I suspected that he threw away the remaining portions of his rice into the sink in the living room toilet. I then complained to daddy and asked him to discipline his son ..... Hubby, heard how "clever" his son is in avoiding punishment cos he told ZQ that if ZQ does not finish his rice, he's get the ruler punishment. Being afraid of punishment, ZQ had come up with a lie to avoid this punishment which is wrong of course.

Hubby, was rather amused by the fact that his son can be so creative to pour away the rice and even washed the bowl. He felt that his son had inherited this "creative" genes from him and refused to punish him.

I am not sure if this is good or bad but definitely, I have to discipline ZQ, otherwise, he might think it's ok to do this again in future. Have not confirmed which is the best method but for now, still have to discipline.

No comments: