Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kai's first swim

Brought Kai for his first swim at a public pool at 4mth+. Invited baby Adel along too.

I bought him a swim diaper(non disposable) and becos it was on sale from an overseas site, the green color i wanted to order was out of stock, i took the purple color one instead. Kinda too girly but well, he's only a baby, shld be ok ba.

Also bought the neck float which cost me $20+ ....

The first attempt was rather unsuccessful. Firstly, my chubby 8.5kg Kai's neck (or no neck since it was already merging with his shoulder n chin) ... it was vv difficult to put the float on ... it seems to be suffocating him. Finally after much struggle, we managed to do it. Then i slowly lower him into the water .... he did not quite like it as the water was quite cold. It was not too sunny at that time. He did make some fuss and cry for quite a fair bit. I guess he was scared.

I put him close to me and he kinda stopped but my #1 was spraying water with the pump for the float into Kai's face! of course he was frightened.

Tried for a while later and finally gave up and took him out of water. It was difficult to shower him in the bathroom though. The floor was slippery and they do not have a tub to shower him.
Managed to shower him but I I did not bring in the shower gels .... so just wash him with water.

So I must say the first attempt is not successful. Perhaps I should bring him to HwaXia first to experience it and let the professionals show and teach me how to put the float and see his reaction if he is willing to swim at that time. Don'twant him to be scared of swimming in the future.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Since Kai is reacing 6 months old, why not wait till then and sign him up with Aqua Ducks. My newphew, went through the course also at about 6 mths old and it was really good. I saw some of the video clips my dad took during class and at one of the trainings, Isaac was dipped into the water in the direction of his mommy and then he kicked towards her while emerging from the water. Best of all, no fears. I think for a young baby, its good to go to the professionals. I regreted not signing up Ethan for it when he was that young.