Friday, January 30, 2009

First attempt to start Kai on FM - failed

Realised yesterday that I had only 2 packets of FBM left .... and it's an emergency call to start Kai on FM since my daily production of BM is not really meeting his needs anymore.

He is currently drinking 180ml*7 feeds (sometimes 8 feeds). That would mean I have to produce 1.26 litres - 1.44 litres of breastmilk daily. My per pump is about 300-400 ml and I pump 4 times per day - 6+am, 12+pm, 8+pm and 12+am ... that means only about 1-1.2 litres per day.

Today I instructed my maid to give Kai 150ml of breastmilk and 30ml of FM. Later she called me and told me that Kai threw up 1 hour after he had taken the milk. Then by 7+, it was feed time again, she fed him and in the middle of the feed, he threw up again.

Being an anxious mother, i quickly rush down the his PD at Rivervale Mall to take a queue number. She told me the waiting time is 1-2 hours. I bought some stuff at NTUC and checked again and she said , "another hour". So i went home with ZQ.

Kai woke up from his sleep and appeared with more energy and can even smile. So in the end I did not bring him to the PD but I have to monitor him at nite. So far, he had taken his last feed at 11pm and has now fallen asleep. Hopefully he doesn't throw up anymore.

Tomorrow i am gonna try the milk again and see if he throws up .... if he does, he's prob not suitable for it and i have to switch formula.

No comments: