Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ZQ almost drowned

Brought Kai and Quan for the swim and as I was the only one in the water, I can only handle Kai .. leaving Quan to play by himself in the baby pool. Since the baby pool is vv shallow, it's ok. Of course I was keeping a lookout for him.

When Kai was done, I took him out to shower and told Quan not to move to the centre of the baby pool as no one was there to look after him except my helper who was at the side of the pool.

While inside showering Kai and changing him. I heard Quan outside crying so I thought he might have fell or perhaps wanted something but did not get it.

Got outside and mommy Kat told me that my helper jumped into the baby pool to save Quan cos he almost drowned. Later I found out that Quan was playing in the pool and as he was walking to the centre of the pool, he slipped and fell facedown in the pool. My maid then jumped in and tried to pull him up but unable so she squad down and carry him up. It was quite a scare for Quan and maid was drenched. I hope Quan will not be afraid to go for swimming in future.

Cannot imagine if he had really drowned ... i would be so sad and would not be able to forgive myself if an accident happens to him due to my negligence but sad or distress will be an understatement. I think i'd go bonkers. thinking back about it, i cried ... just imagining losing him is such a tough thought.

Even recently he was admitted to the hospital and at one point, they had to suck out the phelgm from his lungs .... i cried the moment the nurse told me. I cannot imagine having to watch him suffer ... so during the process, they banned me from going in as they said I prob cannot take it and be a hinderance. It was a fast process but it still pains my heart.

Must make sure that eyes are always on him 100% when I bring him to swim in future ... and if there's no one to watch in close proximity, then we'll have to get him out of the water.

1 comment:

Karen said...

OH dear! What a scare!

Yes, we definitely must keep a close watch over them no matter how steady and confident they are. Two weeks ago when we were at Sentosa, Ethan was merely standing by the shore at one point, playing with the waves. It wasn't even high tide. However, as the waves came in and out, he fell at one point cos he lost his balance as the wave pulled out. Luckily Wilson was by his side and quickly pulled him up.Can you imagine if the adults are all busy talking and looking at something for just a split second thinking that he was safe since he was merely standing by the shoreline?