Monday, August 11, 2008

Losing touch with ZQ

Been only 5 days since I have not seen ZQ personally due to his chicken pox but it seems like a long time. He seems quite happy staying at MIL place but I feel I am losing touch with him.

For the initial days when I call, he will excitedly come to the phone and say "mama ..., mama .... " in a vv sweet and nice tone. Now he has gotten accustomed to staying there without any rules and regulations, he is happy with that no control.
These 2 days, he will pick the phone and say a few words then hang up. Today it was ultimate, he will pick up the phone (which he loves to) and then utter "Bye bye" and hang up the phone. I am upset - just want to talk to him a little and hear his voice that's all.

I had heard in the background in the early few days telling him to say "Bye bye" and now it seems that he has gotten that message. So mean of that person and I know who it is.

We tried once to use the webcam with my SIL to see each other which I think it's a wonderful technology ..... so tried to do it again but my SIL had messed up his laptop (again) and now the video does not work on their side. ZQ can see us but I cannot see him. U know how agonising it is not to see your son??????

On top of that, he is now not even really interested to talk to me on the phone. Each time I call, my MIL will say that he is sleeping, bathing, watching TV, playing toys ..... and I don't get to talk to him.

Had to tell my maid to call me every few hours so I can hear him but she forgets. She told me ZQ was sleeping that time .... but, she is not clever to call me and put him on the phone when he wakes up? Upset with her too.

I really feel I am out of control here. The good habits and routines I had trained my son in and he listens, he understands and knows .... now will all be history.

At my MIL place, he watches alot of TV and sleeps vv late. They will say "Your son ah ... likes to watch so much TV" ... but they did not be firm with him and they don't know how. I hope that these 2-3 weeks at her place will not cause long term damage to his good habits ... but I have no choice here.

Just hope for the best.

1 comment:

Karen said...

HI hi

I can totally understand how unbearable to not see your child. Just keep thinking positively that its short term and its for the sake of all. Dun forget, you have another baby who is so close to you. He can feel those lousy emotions you know? ZQ is just a child, do not be upset by his words and behaviour. He doesn't mean it. YOu should be gald he is enjoying his stay while he is ill rather than he feeling miserable right? Dun blame your maid too. She is new with your MIL and probably fearful of her. So she may not dare to use the phone so much. Perhaps she really has lotsa chores to complete. Dun worry about the bad habits.Children can be re-trained. When we leave our child to someone else, its difficult to ensure consistency, especially grandparents who dotes of them so much that they forget all the rules sometimes. I know is bad and I won't like it too. But its only short-term. No one can ever take the place of 'Mommy'...trust me! Especially when we are such devoted mommies to our children. They know it. Its just that they are still too young to show that seriously all the time. Don't despair. Stay happy till your baby arrives. Dun think too much. YOu can call me and chat.