Thursday, September 11, 2008

Update on ZQ - 2.5 years old

ZQ is now 2.5 years old and he is about 16kg @ 90+ cm .. din measure his height but alot of people commented that he looks like a 3 or 4 yr old kid. Well, his mature looks I must credit to his father ... haha.

He has made great improvements in terms of his speech and ability to communicate. Some of his favourite phrases are :-

"That's a good story" - whenever I finish reading a book, he used to say "The End" ... now he will say "That's a good story". It's interesting to hear cos I never teach him that and I gather it's prob the childcare.

"I'm so sad" - ZQ is a sensitive boy and when we scold him or punish him, he will run to me or to my domestic helper and say "I'm so sad .....". We'd then ask him what happened and he tries to articulate that papa or mama is not happy with him and angry with him.

"Angry" - He learnt that from CC and he will say "Angry" with his arms folded. So funny.

Since he returned from my mother in law's place (due to his chicken pox) , I felt that he had grown up suddenly. Not just in terms of his weight, size but his speech, mannerism and alot more. No wonder there's a song that say "One night grow up" (translated from the mandarin song from Fish Leong).

He's been quite understanding and will look at baby and say "Baby .. so cute" "Baby crying". Since he is having a cough now, I told him to stay away from baby and to turn away or walk away when he is going to cough and to cover his mouth. He understood and will walk away whenever he is going to cough. Such a dear and I must say that he is rather mature and understanding for his age. He has a vv good nature and I believe that they are born with it.

I hope to give him more time once baby's routines are more established.

No comments: