Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Been 4 months ...

Oh my, time flies and I am oredi feeling older.

Since my maid(L) left for her home country, 4 months had passed and lots happened. She has since came back in Apr and now my life is much better.

In the interim, we employed a new maid but she just could not adapt to us and she cannot fit into our lifestyle. We've learnt to appreciate the old maid(L) more and in fact, we give her alot more off days than agreed. She is happy and so are we. It might be more troublesome on her off days but we've learnt to be self-sufficient during her absence.

ZQ
*****
Now about ZQ. He's now in N1 and has grown alot. He's a really sweet boy and is protective towards my #2, Kai. Once, ZQ was sleeping and we found it hard to get him to wake up. THe moment he heard Kai crying, he immediately jumped off his bed and said "Mama, didi's crying" and was vv uneasy and disturbed. Shows that he cares about his didi's well being, which is a nice thing.

ZQ has now learnt my hp number (almost), he just misses out 1 number. Good thing or not, he will call me after he returns from school and say "mama, which station are u?" "Mama, don't come back to late ok?". Imagine he is telling me not to come back too late from work and in years to come, I will be telling him "Son, please don't come back too late after school" - Irony isn't. haha.

We're trying to speak more mandarin with him so he can learn it better. Afterall, in school, they speak English all the time and it's hard not to master it. We had also stopped letting him watch TV cos he gets hooked and all you see is a little boy staring at the TV and even if u wave your hands in front of him, he is oblivious. To do him good, we told him that the TV is spoilt (it really was) .... and after it was fixed, we did not inform him.

Recently we did turn it on to watch our own home made videos but he did not seem to want to watch TV anymore. It's a good thing cos he now spends more time with his little brother and also he gets to sleep early.

The newest thing we've done is to get him to go to bed at 8pm. It works wonderfully cos if he gets to sleep by 830-9pm, I get all the time free to myself after that. Comparing to previous when he sleeps 10-11pm, I would be a walking zombie after that.

ZQ has also started to eat more vege and once, he even told my maid to give him more vege cos mama told him to eat more vege for nice "Da Bian".

Brushing teeth. He now has mastered how to brush his own teeth.
Diaper. He is still on diaper for the nite and cos he drinks loads of milk before he sleeps, I dare not try to toilet train him for the nite at the moement.
Milk. He is still drinking a big bottle before sleep and sometimes in the middle of the nite and another feed in the morning when he wakes up.

His current favourite song is Faye Wong's "Ming Yue Ji Shi You" and since his memory is good, sometimes i sing the wrong lyrics, he'd correct me "Mama ...... no .... it's wrong ..... ".

No comments: