Thursday, July 16, 2009

Standing on paper

I had adopted a new method to punish ZQ when he misbehaves. Instead of physical punishment I had tried out to make him stand on a piece of paper. I learnt this from a friend who saw her friend who did that to his son and the son was so scared that he immediately behaves.

ZQ oso dislikes to be punished that way. Sometimes when we have to do it, he's still quite obedient to stand on the paper while still whining or sobbing away. It kinda work with him. Sometimes I'd threaten to make him stand on paper if he misbehaves and he'll tend to behave a little better. It's a good method as there is no physical punishment and a good way to get the idea across to him. Furthermore, I can always bring out the piece of paper anytime anywhere!

One joke I wanna pen down is that one of the days, I was chiding my #2, Kai that he cannot do certain things like putting certain object into his mouth but Kai as a baby, still continue to do it. Next I heard ZQ telling me jokingly, "Mama, I think Kai Kai wants to stand on paper". I thought it was quite funny. He really understood that standing on paper is a kind of punishment.

On the other hand, he is also able to comprehend that if he does not do the right things, he'd get the punishment.

I am happy cos he will not learn that physical punishment is metted out whenever one misbehaves. At least now there are other methods - standing on paper(taking away freedom) and other times I'd tell him he will not get his bedtime stories which he treasures alot.

Actually I love to read to him as well. It's a time for bonding and small talks - sharing of Qiao Qiao Hua. It's really nice and as he grows, his thoughts are changing as well. I hope I am there throughout his growing stages and not miss any of that. It's a really wonderful experience.

As for Kai, I must admit that he does not enjoy so much of my time as ZQ is demanding most of my waking moments. I have to attend to him most of the time when I am home until he sleeps and by then, Kai would have slept too.

I guess when Kai grows up a little more, he'd be able to demand my attention more. In the meantime, I am still trying to give him the little time I have left.
I always thought that my hubby will have favourtism towards ZQ but it seems that through action, I seem to be giving him more time. That does not mean favourtism but it's because he demands the attention all the time and it's hard to ignore cos he is really persistent and quite cute in his own ways that I don't mind either. Poor Kai is still small and unable to articulate his needs except to make noises to get my attention.

Kai will be so excited and happy to see me - as if he had not seen me for ages. It makes me feel a little guilty at times and glad that he still likes to see me alot.

Both kids are a joy to the family and I must say we've enjoyed them very very much. It's a wonderful thing to have kids .. really. If it's guaranteed that I'd have a girl for my next pregnancy, I'd go for it but well, this is something that no one knows. So well, for now, I am happy with 2 boys.

No comments: