Monday, April 7, 2008

Knee pain, back aches

Coping without maid? Apparently not. There are so much household chores to be done. Hubby felt that we both can cope without a maid for now since we have not really manage to find a suitable one. I beg to differ.

Day starts with ZQ waking up for milk at ard 5ish-6 (instead of his normal 3-4ish). Wake up ard 7am to prepare for work and dress ZQ for school. Day in office. Upon returning home, I have to prepare dinner(depending on if hubby is doing it or we dao bao), feed ZQ, clean up, bathe him, play with him, get him to sleep. After ZQ sleeps, I have to do the laundry, hang them and then iron the clothes. On alternate days, I still have to handwash ZQ's clothes which are stained.

This will get me busy till almost midnite. This is no easy life for a working mother. Desperately need home help but no sign of suitable maid as yet. I hope this "suffering" will end soon.

Just the weekend, I had to dismantle ZQ's cot and fix it up in my room. It's a nice change to have him sleep in our room, makes me feel much closer to him. He is also happier to sleep having me around and waking up to find me smiling at him. So far, he had been sleeping well and not waking much at nite. This is something really nice for more bonding with my dear son.

No comments: