Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Maidless days

My maidless days has started since Saturday.

Having a domestic helper is really a blessing when she can helpout with the household chores, cooking and the daily chores of feeding, cleaning the kid. Leave me to spend more quality time to teach and have fun with the kid.

Now having no help at the moment, before I find a suitable one, I have to assume the role of the maid. It's not easy when I had been so spoilt for the past 2 years. My maid's contract had just ended and we could not renew her as she intended to go to canada and her application will be confirmed in 6 months' time , which is when my 2nd baby is due. I can't possibly sabo myself and start getting a new maid when I am in my confinement right? Had already an experience without help during confinement, I am not gonna put myself in the same spot again. My maid is a classic story - will tell her story another time.

It's not that easy finding a suitable one. Initially I thought it was easy but guess I was wrong. Having waited for her contract to end and also let her find her new employer (else she'll be sent back to philippines and her canada dreams shattered) before we start our maid search , hence, ended up maidless for now cos maids are getting demanding these days. Really hope to find one soon.

I must salute those working mothers who has no external help and has to take care of the kid daily. Mothers are really amazing.

No comments: