Monday, May 5, 2008

Help arrived and life is much better now

Having extra help is a wonderful thing for a preggie. I finally managed to get my new domestic helper. It was by chance as I walked into a different agency which I meant to go and interviewed 2 domestic helpers which I found one rather suitable. It was within few days that she came on board to work for me.

She is so wonderful in comparison to my previous one. Not having another to compare we'd never know what we're missing out. It was a good thing that I stood by my decision not to renew my old maid as she was planning to go to Canada and was using us as her stepping stone. During her last few months, her performance deteoriated and her attitude was bad. Lots of arguments and excuses to go out of the house to do her personal things. Work was sloppy and badly done and causing me lots of stress and unhappiness.

When she left, I managed to do what she does in the entire day after my full day work and in fact I felt I did better! My house was not well cleaned and often she left my clothes unironed but to think I managed to do it myself though I am working full time - can imagine how slag she was. She talks more on her hp than anyone I ever know. The time she is not talking is prob when she is bathing.

Nonetheless, I have now a new helper whom I am rather satisfied to date. I hope that she will not turn out to be like the old one. She did all the work (cleaning the house, packing up stuff, ironed all the clothes - even my bedsheets, etc ) within 1 week of coming to my house. My hubby was vv impressed -- haha, of course now knowing what my old helper had not done.

My place is kept cleaned most of the time and she does not keep awake till midnite, yet she completes all her work. She even took initiative to pack my drawers, etc. Good work and hope she keeps it up.

The only thing she needs to improve is probably her cooking.

No comments: