Thursday, December 13, 2007

Third day at the CC

I went to check on ZQ during lunchtime but the principal told me not to go in to distract him as they are getting the kids ready for nap time. So I left.
Only went back to pick him up after work. When I reached there, ZQ saw me and immediately teared. I hugged him and then he pulled me into the room 2 watch Barney. Shortly we waved goodbyes to the other kids and then made our way home.

ZQ has a good appetite during dinner - I guess he did not eat much at the CC. They only fed him 2 milk feed. Not sure if he had his nap and finished his meals at the CC cos when I reached, the teacher already left for the day. I was also rushing off, so I did not check on anything else.

He seemed rather sleepy so by 9pm, we made him sleep. A while ago (3 ish) he woke up crying for milk and mama. Gave him 240ml, he finished it quickly and shortly cried for more milk. Gave him another 120ml and then he falls back to sleep.

Is he hungry or just adjusting to new routines, environment that he is crying at nite. Feels a little bad that he is having some reactions to it but then again, it is inevitable. Just a phase they have to go through. Hope he adjust quickly to the CC.

So far, I think he is doing well except for the times when I have to leave. I was asked to say goodbye to him and tell him I will come back later ... this made him more aware that I am leaving, hence the reaction - crying, being upset. I tot I may just disappear but it seems it is not recommended.

It seems that he will revert to his playing quite quickly - once he is being distracted from thinking about me leaving him there. Other than this part, he is pretty fine there.

Still thinking if I am bringing him in tomorrow. Perhaps give him a break and let him have some space being at home? Afterall I am busy tomorrow as well. Let's see.

No comments: