Friday, June 8, 2007

ZQ 15 months old

So much about lamenting in ZQ's blog. Let's talk about happy things.
Yesterday (now it's Friday) we sang Happy Birthday to ZQ for his 15th month - he was happy.

ZQ is a vv good and rather managable boy. He had totally forgotten his pacifier within 3-4 days, all thanks to my maid. He does not even remember it now. I am really happy cos I dun wan his teeth to be crooked and dun wan him to be dependent on it for security.

Now I am trying to cut his habit of drinking milk before he sleeps - for his teeth's sake. We normally give him water after his milk but sometimes he falls asleep before he finishes his milk and no way to drink anymore water. He will KO like a log very quickly. I have to plan for this to happen. Things don't happen overnight without planning and who does the planning? It's the mamas. Like previous, my parents in law was so happy to see him able to slide down from his bed, thinking he vv clever. I told them it was a week of my "training".

Kids, you need to teach them and teach them good things. Papa loves to do funny actions and oh my, ZQ picks it up too! I had to tell him not to do -ve actions, like throwing things cos it's easy for them to learn bad habits.

I've train him to put things back to their original place. To listen to simple instructions like take your shoes, take the books, put it back, spit the water. He knows and understands very well.
My maid also has a big part to play. She trained him to tell her when he wants to pee or poo, to lift his hands, legs when putting on and taking off clothes. She even taught him how to kiss us on our cheek! it's so heartwarming to know that ZQ is capable of doing these things now and my maid is teaching good things to him. She taught him to say I love you ;)

I was going through the ABC chart with him and he loves it when I say Elephant and use my hand to make the elephant trunk and make also the sound. Nowadays, he is fully capable of telling us what he does not want -- shaking his head vigourously. If he wants it, he will go ek ek ek or worst, roll on the floor (a behaviour I wan to improve) -- i ignore him and he knows to stop when there's no response. hahha.

He also loves this Teletubby toy passed down from my SIL. He can even say the words Bam bam bam. He is speaking quite a bit now and repeating the words, sometimes surprising even us. Few weeks back, he actually said "I'm fine". Maid always teach him "How do you do, I'm fine, thank you" -- her english lesson taken in Philippines. One time, he repeated that after her and my hubby heard.

ZQ will purposely drop things, put his fingers in his nose and turn to me to see me react. He laughs when I tell him Nooooooo ........ he thinks it's funny.

He loves to stand on my bed and play catching with me, running towards the headboard.
He can even now take of his shoes.
He is very friendly to everybody, even strangers. He does not cry if anyone plays with him or talks to him, in fact, he will laugh and makes them vv happy.
He looks bigger than his age and even older toddlers gets scared of by him. He is so friendly that he wants to hug them but they will get scared off.
He's now 12kg @ 80cm - maid and I think he had put on weight. Maid's fren said he had but we still live in denial and say, not vv much la. Thanks to my maid who always fed him biscuits / bread when he wants and he ate alot! Until i discover and told her to stop. I said I dun wan a fat fat boy in the future as this will affect him his whole life.

Jus heard ZQ crying (short one) in his sleep -- must be the argument i had with papa - is ZQ having bad dreams? i am so sorry. I hope his dreams are happy ones. God please bless him.

2 comments:

Hwee Ping said...

Hi, ZQ can say "I'm fine"?! I'm very impressed! 8)

And I too noted that our kids' may be affected when they observe our arguments. Once hb and I were getting each others' nerves in front of ZY, and somehow it affected ZY and he cried and cried for no reason!

Jayden's Mom said...

U have a great helper there! ZQ is a really smart boy and I think u r doing a great job teaching him so patiently on learning new stuff :o)

Kids understands things pretty fast these days so it's always better to avoid confrontations when they are around......