Sunday, June 10, 2007

MMR jab completed

Yippe, ZQ finally had his MMR jab this morning. Almost din have the jab cos when I reached the doc this morning, discovered that he had a slight runny nose and maid also forgot 2 bring his health booklet --- cannot imagine! In the end, went to see the doc first and he was given the green light cos he did not have fever. Got maid 2 return home to pick up the health booklet.

It was a good thing that both papa and myself was there for the jab. ZQ cried rather loudly for the first time when he gets his jab. Normally he might cry for a vv short while and if we distract him, he is ok but this time, it took him 5 mins. I pity him but well, the nurse was vv quick.

ZQ is now 83.5cm @ 11.7 kg -- i tot he was only 80cm. Tall boy -- heng, just like papa!

Yesterday, papa decided to rush his work and at 12 plus he smsed me to say I got my wish and he was already on the way home to pick ZQ for his jab. However, I had already got my maid 2 call up 2 change the appt to this morning! Papa also spent a bomb on some stuff he likes -- he was so unlike the day before when we argued about his wasting time on bringing ZQ for his jab. Well, so long he is happy. I am glad that he made the efforts to do this for his son. 3 cheers for his papa ;)

Recently ZQ also suffered from some rashes. Seen a doc yesterday and also counter checked witht the doc this morning, they said it is prob heat rash - got him the pricky heat powder. Hope it works.

I managed to take an afternoon nap today -- a rare thing for me. ... haha, that's why i am still awake now. FIL came over in the late afternoon. He was happy that ZQ now can go hug him and kiss him on his cheek. ZQ also knows how to share his food. He will eat his apple, bread and then put it into our mouth. It is a very nice gesture for a kid his age but then for the adults --- hmm, imagine the saliva on it? But grandpa took his apple gracefully. Hahaa, can't say if it is other people -- wonder who.

ZQ loves grandpa (Yeye) alot. He is happy to see Yeye and wanting yeye to carry him, play with him. ZQ is always laughing and playing. His latest stunt is to walk tiptoed -- like a ballerina. I wonder where he picks it from. It's a learning phase.

I don't know what other parents are teaching their toddlers of this age now but since I don't have a TV at home, I cannot let his waking time be replaced by the square box with some other entertainments. Neither can I leave him to just walk around the house doing the same thing that he is doing from Mon to Fri - i doubt my maid also has lots of new interesting things to keep him busy, haha, but she certainly had taught him alot of things so far and I am happy with that .... I do sometimes try to find new things to amuse him. Of course I will reuse those that tickles him until he gets bored with it.

No comments: