Wednesday, June 27, 2007

1 week to 16 months

2 weeks since i last posted. Quite an achievement cos the last time i really blog was months ago .. hehe. Some updates on ZQ.

Did not develop any fever from MMR but he had some rashes instead. It is almost gone now and so far, he did not show sign of discomfort, thank goodness.

Not sure if I am turning him into an human zoo ... haha. I taught him animals like any parent would do ... that is, I say Dog -- wow wow wow, Cat - meow meow meow, Cow - moo moo moo , etc.. realised that instead of learning how to say Dog, Cat, Cow ... he started responding wow wow wow when I say Dog and meow meow meow when I say Cat. Almost a year ago, i met a fren whose son was 18 months and my fren was so excited to demonstrate that his son is vv cute (he is!) and clever to know how to make animal sounds and the actions. It was quite funny watching him but later on, I thought she was turning him into a human zoo. He was making all the sounds with actions! Imagine when she says Monkey .... To think that I am now following in her footsteps and ZQ is turing into an ......... Oh gosh!

Now he can speak 2 syllabus words like "No more" showing the sign that there's no more. He can also hold the cordless phone and listen to us for a longer period and sometimes seemingly trying to respond.

His backward walking stunt is also improving by the day. I thought he is going to abandon that habit when he gets older but well, he seems to improve it. Walking backwards faster! He also did not forget his winking especially when he sees a pretty lady. It was my maid who taught him that.

I guess toddlers at this age has very good memories. I had installed a metal gate to block him from going into the kitchen and he learnt that the door is always closed. Sometimes, he will even pull the gate and close it. So no worries about him going into the kitchen.

ZQ also knows how to point to things in the house like table, chair, flower, fish, ball, bicycle. He also recognises the soft toys in the house ie Poo Bear, Piglet, Snake, Froggie. He will also hug Piglet in a very sweet manner, and since he was able to grab Poo Bear, he will bite its nose, which he still do. He learnt where the switches are and will turn it on and off.I had to tape them up so he does not do it without our knowledge. In fact, months ago, he even know how to plug the stopper we plugged in to block it.

Now he even more clever. These few days, we started giving him raisin bread from Gardenia. This evening he asked for bread and i gave him some. He actually "plucked" out the raisin and gave me the plain bread! I faintz. It is vv nice of him to share his things, which, he will give me his apples and he wil not take a no for an answer. Mama here had to tell him "Darling, mama is full, see .... (point to my stomach) ... mama is full, you eat it ok?". Of course, sometimes I may not be so lucky to escape his saliva filled "food" he offers to me. Hmm, no choice right?

He seems to like chinese "Er Ger" like Xiao Lao Shu, Xiao Bai Tu and even Li Bai's (I think) .. Chuan Qian Ming Yue Guang ... hahha. Hope he does not turn out to be chi-na in future. Advice from experienced parents is that it is more difficult to learnt chinese, hence we have to expose them earlier. As for English, they learn it fast when they start going school.

It's really so much fun every day coming back hom after work and play with him. The only downside is that I do not have time for anything else. By the time he sleeps, it is 10pm and I only have that much time before I rest for the day. I must say that IT IS WORTH IT. There's so much joy in watching him and seeing him grow everyday. I hope that I dun miss this part of him that grows so fast each day.

No wonder people says that motherhood is one of the greatest thing that can happen to a woman. To all married ladies who has yet to become a mama, I wish that they'll soon be able to experience this bundle of joy.

No comments: