Saturday, May 29, 2010

My poor Kai

Kai had been hospitalised twice in a span of few weeks.

Once in April when he fell at the MRT station. Though he did not fall on his head but he started vomitting shortly. Within 2 hours, he vomitted 6 times. Then we sent him to KKH and he got admitted for a day.

In May, he had fever for 2 days on top of his flu and cough since he started childcare, I decided to send him to Polyclinic for a checkup and get medicine. Who knows, he got xrayed and found his lung to be infected. Later at nite, I got him admitted to Mt Alvernia. His stay was for 2 days and the bill came up to be almost $2.5K. good thing he had insurance coverage and all these are claimable, otherwise, it'd be such a hole in my pocket. especially , after that there are still followups to go to. Can't emphasis the importance of hospitalisation plan for the kid, esp to buy and cover the deductible.

Through the experience, I found that sometimes hospital might not have the bed type you prefer ... nonetheless, a small kid still need to be in a single room as they may disturb or get disturbed by others if they share a room.

Kai actually got admitted to a 2 bedder but his neighbour was coughing very badly, I was so terrified that I asked to get him transferred to a single room .... ended up I had to upgrade to a deluxe room. The good part of it was they gave me a suite instead - but well, din get to utilise it much as my helper stayed over as I have to work the next day.

Kai is now almost well and I am glad.

He's quite poor thing as he had alot of "accidents" - He fell down on his forehead as I was bringing him home, had a big BALUKU. He fell down at home in the bathroom and chipped his teeth. Afterwhich, he had 2 hospital stay ... poor boy.

No comments: