Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Latest update on ZQ

Been a while since I've posted some real updates on ZQ.

I guess he is at this stage where they learn alot of things quite fast. He has started talking but mainly single syllabus words which are repeated. Chinese hence becomes easier to teach at this point. Recently I taught him numbers 1-10 in both mandarin and english. He will repeat the words one by one after me ... of course he cannot pronounce "seven" very well but the other words he can say pretty ok.

Last Sat, we were at a friend's house and there are some steps within the house. ZQ got interested and kept going up and down the steps. On his own accord, he started counting "One, two, three" and I was delighted. Of course there are some other kids of his age - the genius Jayden who is way ahead but well, ZQ is on schedule .. haha. So he kept going up and down the steps repeating One, two , three. Last nite, he actually can count up to ten on his own. We are all happy to see his progress. I guess it doesn;'t matter when but when it happens, it brings joy to the family. He is such a cute little boy.

Now I am waiting for him to count 1-10 in mandarin .. haha.

I have to credit this to the constant repetition through games, interaction sections with him. For recognising things, he is pretty ok but for recognising words, he is not too good. I guess different children learn differently. He is not interested to look at words ... so my words flash cards are still lying around untouched.

He has grown much ... it feels that he is almost 90cm ... din get to measure him but he really looks big for his age. Still at 13.5kg, he is eating very well. Attempted to cut his middle of the nite feed of 240ml but he is still not willing to give it up

2 comments:

Jayden's Mom said...

I think your ZQ is progressing very fast as well!

No lar Jayden is not a genius, far from it. I have seen other kids younger yet know more stuff then him!

Yes different kids progress differently and tend to be stronger at different areas. I always think that Jayden's vast advancement in his language and recognizing of words is a trade off for being a lousy eater and drinker.

Look how well your little ZQ is growing!

Jayden's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.