Wednesday, October 3, 2007

ZQ looks like me - the nose and the mouth

Today a fren commented that ZQ looks like me - I am delighted. Few people in fact think that ZQ is my son, not even to say that he looks like me in any way. I hope my fren is not just humouring me (ahem, you know who you are) Then again, of course he looks like me .... he's my son u know. :)

Once, I brought him to a gathering with a group of mommies and their babies and one of the Ah-ma (grandma) spoke to me when I was carrying ZQ and she asked me "Which employer do you work for ah?" - shan't mention which mommy ... hehhe. I replied "Aye, this one is my son and my maid is standing over there". She felt so apologetic that she even apologised to me again on our next gathering.

Another time, I brought ZQ with my maid to a coffeeshop in chinatown. It was raining cats and dogs and I went to the counter to ask the cashier on directions to go somewhere in mandarin. She then said "Wa, your mandarin very good hor" - She tot that I was a maid bringing the kid and meeting up with another maid.

Even recently, I bought a TV and when the few young boys (prob working part time) came to deliver the TV, one of them asked me .... (note: at this point, my maid was carrying ZQ standing at the side) ... "Where is your madam? Is she home yet?". I almost flipped and told him "I am the mam".

Moral of the story : I better start dressing up and not be vv "LOC KOK" else if I were to go out with my hubby and ZQ, I might be mistaken as the maid.
Note : My maid is probably leaving for canada(if she passes her interview next week) and in reality, i am gonna assume the maid role in the near future. Same role but no pay!

No comments: